Thursday, July 06, 2006

Talk about fun.....

not so fun.


Not so fun is discovering that someone made $2220.07 in withdrawals from my bank account last Thursday. Which I didn't know until receiving three letters in the mail last night from my bank saying that I am now quite overdrawn. Not cool.

BUT...the bank says if I come down there today and fill out some fraud paperwork, they will credit the money back to me within 24 hours and investigate this and hopefully find the asshole who did this and prosecute them fully!!!!! Talk about easier than I thought it would be! I am sure there is a snag coming up, but at least it is STARTING out easy. I may need to get a new account, or maybe can just change the ID and stuff so my paychecks can still be deposited there....I will have to find out. The ID of the withdrawals says it is for Paypal, but when I spoke with the Paypal people, they have no record of this money coming through my paypal account (duh...it wasn't me!), and they looked that up by me giving them my bank account info--not my paypal info, so there is no paypal record of any sort of activity with my bank account. Should be easy enough for the bank to verify.

Can you imagine how crappy this would be if this was my only bank account, and I had nothing in savings?? No money to pay the mortgage, credit would go all to hell, all of that, and it not even being my fault!! I put a fraud alert on the three credit bureaus, so if anyone tries to open any accounts in my name, they have to call my cell phone number and verify with me first, so that is a bit of security, but this still is so crappy!!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

How scary! To think someone out there has info on you... UGH!! Hope it all gets cleared up!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»