Friday, October 03, 2008

Moving right along.....

We watched the debate last night, as did pretty much everyone else in the country. Ethan and I played Palin Bingo with homemade cards I copied from a website. I totally won, with my final square being "Special Needs". I also got Maverick, Alaska, God, Al Qaeda, Hockey Mom, Terrorists and a bunch more that I can't remember right now. Oh, and Energy Independence--that one came up a BUNCH.

Overall, not impressed. She didn't answer the questions--just stuck with her talking points, whether they had anything to do with the questions or not. I especially liked how when she was asked what her Achilles heel might be, and she started talking about how much executive experience she has as a former business owner and mayor. Did not even remotely answer the question.

Anyway. People generally don't vote based on who the vice presidential candidate is, so this really doesn't count for much.

No plans for this weekend for the Amersons other than rest and relaxation and a full day of football on Sunday (away Seahawks game).

You will be pleased to know that the Amersons have decided that 2010 will be the year of Europe (as opposed to Australia). Ethan wants to see London again at a slower pace. Other than that, we are definitely going to spend a night in Paris (see the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre), but the rest is open. I would love to see Rome, but Ethan was already there and I don't want him to do an EXACT repeat of his 2006 trip with Toby.



Maybe Athens...although I REALLY want to go to Croatia to see the Plitvice waterfalls. SOOOOO beautiful!! I am totally sure that we will plan an amazing vacation with oodles of sights and sounds and memories made.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

the winking. THE WINKING!!!!! I totally couldn't get past the winking. Also; her speech writers need to diversify. If it wasn't in one of her pre-rehersed speeches, she didn't answer the question. On a totally shallow side note; her hair bothers me. And that baby? Is he drugged? How many babies of that age sleep for so long with all that noise? Even the Downs doesn't explain that....

Sabrina said...

Also? Love the extra time someone had on their hands here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg

Anonymous said...

can't see anyone voting for even a remnant of the Bush bunch.
Love Gramie

Davinie Fiero said...

The blog banner is really big, but very cool.
I have my own thoughts about all things political and will probably just keep them to myself and my ballot. :)