Monday, November 02, 2009

Slightly stale....

I totally forgot to post pictures of this lovely cake I made. Please excuse the messy countertop and the slightly obnoxious green color of the final cake. Let's just say I need a bit of practice...

I made the marshmallow fondant from scratch (my first attempt at that...but it was much tastier than regular fondant is), and I made a massive bowl of buttercream frosting from scratch. The cake is almond vanilla flavor, and I cut fresh strawberries to put between the layers on each cake level. It ended up being tasty, although it *does* bear some resemblence to those ghosts that always chase PacMan around...

I had a bit of an obession with some of those cake shows, and wanted to try my hand at it.

What I learned:
I have no patience for the little details. I am more of a 'meh, it is close enough' kind of person. This shows when rolling out fondant, fyi.
I REALLY need to remodel my kitchen for more counter space before I ever try this again.
Color mixing is not my strong point. That was supposed to be sage green.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very yummy,I watch the cake show too and I'm not supposed to eat (sugar) cake. lol
Gramie