Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Too good to be true

I was excited to hear that we may be related somehow to Sacagawea. Ancestry.com has a feature to see if you are related to anyone famous, and we never come up with any famous relatives. So sad. So I started searching. Starting with Sacagawea herself. Turns out she had two kids--a girl who died as a child, and a son, Jean Baptiste. Her son lived into his 60's and had a pretty cool life, travelling the world, but never married, never had any kids. Did lots of expeditions and exploring instead. So, as it turns out we are NOT related. But I got to play on the internet, so all is well.

I had fun looking all of this up. SOme info is on the ancestry.com website, and some from other areas across the web. I found wikipedia.com to be helpful, since Sacagawea is famous and they have a listing for both her and her son.

Come on, people--give me some info to go look up!!

I remember hearing something about being related to someone who helped make the Liberty Bell, on Papa's side of the family (I think). Anyone with any more info about that??

No comments: