Monday, February 27, 2006

God save us all from the Religious Right

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This is mine.

An embryo IS a bunch of cells. It is a bunch of cells with the POTENTIAL to become a fetus, and then a baby.

I fully support the right for a woman to choose what is best for her specific situation, her body, her family, HER. I don't think it is right to kill a baby. I don't think a baby is being killed. If I were to get pregnant at a time when it was absolutely not doable for me, I would consider a termination of that pregnancy. The embryo. The group of cells. I DO see a difference between embryo and fetus. I think the late term, so called "partial birth" abortions are a different story, but I don't think any blanket statement should apply to anything--every case is unique and different. I don't think abortion is a good form of birth control, I don't think it is or should be an easy option, I think people need to take every step possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies from occurring, but I think this option should be there, should be available. Don't tell me they should just go through with the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption. Do you have any idea how many kids there are in this country alone that need families?? People will adopt a newborn, white infant, but not a three year old hispanic kid, not a 5 year old black kid. Not even a 4 year old white kid. Those kids were born to mothers not prepared to take care of them, not ABLE to do anything for them. Many are born drug addicted, many are neglected. Many were not wanted. THere are so many kids out there who really need help now, banning abortion would just create more, and there is no way to take care of these kids. THey slip through the cracks every single day.
Before you tell me what to do with MY body and MY situation, go adopt some of these kids who really need a loving family and someone to advocate for them. Leave the embryo, the group of cells alone, and concentrate on the kids.


My two cents. Don't have to agree with me, but don't try to force your opinions on me. I have seen so much on this on the TV and internet and the papers lately, I just had to say SOMETHING............not looking for a debate, just ranting......

No comments: