Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What I'm up to

Painting. Lots of painting. I painted one big wall in the house, and my scrapbook room, then moved on to the condo. I am painting the ENTIRE condo, except for the two bathrooms. I have finished the living and dining rooms and the second bathroom, and need to finish up in the hallway, and do the master bedroom. I also painted all the room doors and closet doors white, and painted the door frames white to match. We still need to buy a ton of trim and paint it white (it comes pre-primed, thank god....), and now we know that the kitchen needs to be painted a soft yellow. Actually, our real estate agent (via her interior design person), told us to paint it the color of the label on the apricot beer bottle that is sitting on the counter in the kitchen (it is the only kind of beer I like to drink......haven't gotten around to moving it yet). So I will be taking my bottle to Home Depot to get a matching color.
Then, Ethan is going to add knobs/pulls to our kitchen cabinets, and hopefully we can get mom down this weekend to help with the trim installation, and get carpet guys out to replace the carpet, and we are all done. It is A LOT of work!!! I am doing all of the painting, because Ethan hates painting. He is scrubbing the bathrooms, really getting them spotless and perfect, and has been removing and re-hanging the doors. Since I have more actual days off, I get the fun stuff. Actually, I enjoy painting. I volunteered to do it, but I am becoming less and less fond of it. I still need to paint at least the two upstairs bedroom in the house, and need major touchups on the white living room, as well as a good deal of spackle (spackel??). I can do it....I know it will look great when I am done.
Ethan is the chief putter-together-er of things, and I am the prettier and painter. It all works out nicely.
So. That is pretty much what I have been up to. Oh, and the Superbowl, of course. Don't even get me started on the crappy officiating. But, the Hawks played crappily too, so I can't put ALL the blame on the refs. Oh, well. Miami, here we come!!!

And, Shadow has herpes. Apparently most cats carry the herpes virus, but you never see any symptoms and it remains dormant in them. When they are really stressed out, they can have an outbreak (it is NOT contagious to humans...different herpes). I know that the only time I get cold sores is if I am all stressed out, and poor Shadow shares my pain. Actually, his version is much better. One of his eyes is all weepy and has some goop in it. The vet gave us some goo to put in it twice a day to clear it up, and he will be fine. But I just feel so bad that my baby has gotten so stressed out! I bought lots of soft food for the kitties to make it up to them, which they appreciate. The Boo-kitty is too skinny lately, always has been a bit, and now with all the running up and down the stairs (and he LOVES to do that...), he is bound to get even skinnier. I worry about him sometimes.......but they both have soft food to eat and enjoy, so I feel a bit better.

I sure wish I had blogs to read that were updated and had pictures........MINE will have pictures up later tonight once I am home. That sure is nice to see, pictures I mean. Lets you see what people are up to, shows you how kids grow. Aww, shucks.....

3 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

I got herpes on my lip for my wedding..... shiny lipgloss masked it. I didn't realize how stressed out I was until it exploded on my face..

I update my blog all the time. I just don't get many comments.

Sabrina said...

I have never had a cold sore!! Which is odd, because I am SO High-Strung!! Luck of the draw, I guess. Your painting sounds FUN!! I know it probably isn't at this point.. but you will SO be happy you did it when that HUGE escrow check gets put in your hands!!

I am a bad blogger. I know this. I sent you a doofie phone picture earlier... did you get it?

Davinie Fiero said...

I thought you said something about pictures? Were you referring to the memorial photo that has nothing to do with you, your husband, your cats, or your new home? Thanks for the update?