Saturday, October 07, 2006

He's off to see......(probably not a wizard)

But just about everything else!! He called me from New York on his cell phone during a layover yesterday, and now he is in London (per CNN, his plane did NOT crash...) He can't use the cell phone in Europe, so he's got to find a big red phone booth to call me (Rick Steves says this is the cheapest way to go, so that is what they are doing).
Who is Rick Steves?? I think Ethan and I were the only ones who didn't know. Apparently he is THE travel guru for Eurpoe. Tobias bought 5 different Rick Steves books--one for England, one for The Netherlands, one for Italy, Europe through the Back Door, and a general Europe one. They are prepared. Actually, I don't think either of them read any of these books, because I *did* read them, and spouted out all sorts of facts I learned, and each time it was news to the both of them. Whatever. I know what *I* would do in Europe....

So....I called the fence people at Alki Fence, and the guy came out and measured to give me a quote for some fencing, and he will email me later with some quotes. I hope I can get it put in before Ethan comes home--that was the plan. I am also trying to find a mantle online. We saw some on eBay, but I want one 6 feet long or longer, and they have mostly 5 foot ones. I will keep looking.......

I am off to PaperZone for a 20% off sale, to get some scrapping inspiration, then home to watch the Bourne Supremacy and do a bit of scrapping. I watched Akeelah and the Bee last night (good), and have some chick flicks coming via Blockbuster online, so I am set for now......

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Yes, watch some chick flicks, drink some red wine... have FUN doing all those things you don't do because the man of the house is home. Scrap, shop, cook for one... have fun!

I am SO looking forward to our little visit next weekend! Pumpkins! Perhaps a Mall visit??