Friday, September 23, 2005

Blogs

I just want to say something to all the bloggers out there (you know who you are).

I love Seattle. I love living here. I love the people, the attitudes, the diversity, and so many other things. What I miss the most is my family. None of you live here. No one lives close enough for me to see very often. That sucks. My sisters have babies, and they will grow up with a distant aunt. I want to be Aunt Ardena. I want my neices to KNOW me, to feel that I played a part in their upbringing, but I am afraid I am going to be more like Auntie Neila--they will have a vague idea of who I am, but no real idea of ME. I don't want that, but I can't afford to go down to Redmond to see them very often, and it is even more expensive for their families to come up here to see me. I know that Ethan and I will always live here (barring a lottery win), and that this situation is not likely to change. My only contact with my neices, who I want so much to know, and to know me, is by blogs and videos. They are so important to me. That is how I see them growing up, how big they are getting, and all the new things they are learning to do. I am missing out, but I can see them, and have some sense of what is going on. That is why I check those blogs daily, sometimes hourly, when I am home. I want to know. I don't mean to harass anyone, I just want to be some small part of your/their lives. And moving closer is not an option, so this is what I have. I try to update my blog with what I am doing, so we know what is going on. I really like having this forum to stay in contact. So much than just email. I can show you what I am doing, and see what you are up to.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Understood. An apology is in order. Sorry! Yes, I want Rae to have her own "Aunt Ardena" as well... and with that in mind, I will be travelling up to Washington for a long weekend in 4 weeks... Mid October... before the move, after my work week with Opal Springs. I will stay at Papa's house.. and you should plan to spend one of your "off" weekends with me! Both days! Stay the night! BBQ! I come for 2 reasons... Papa called and said he will try to come down here for a visit some time during his 6 week recovery... and I don't think that is a good idea, so I will head up... and plus, it is definately my turn to drive. SO.. you will get to see Rae next weekend... and 2 or 3 weeks later. Also... I will try to be dilligent in posting at least 1 picture of the day... Also.. and if Gas doesn't get up to $5 a gallon ( please God no!) then, as long as I am not gainfully employed ( ha ha) I will make an effort to go up for regular visits at least every 3 months or so. My duty as mom, and sister. We'll see how this actually goes, but I will try!

alyca said...

I know it is spendy to come up here, and you are in no way obligated to increase that---from what I have heard, travelling with little ones SUCKS. I was just feeling sappy and venting.