Sunday, May 16, 2010

Amsterdam--Wednesday





Ethan and I decided to separate a bit this day. I headed off to Keukenhof Gardens to see the billions of flowers, and Ethan wandered around Amsterdam, looking for familiar sights. He ended up dropping off our dirty laundry to be washed, and getting his hair cut (the battery operated clippers he brought along were not working so well), then visiting the Cannabis college museum and learning about the counter-culture in Amsterdam.

I left bright and early, heading to Centraal station to catch a train to nearby Leiden, where I took a bus to Keukenhof. At the gardens, I rented an audio guide, then wandered around the extensive grounds and took over 250 pictures of flowers, flowers and even MORE flowers. I will admit, I was a bit on flower overload once I left the gardens. But I enjoyed the vivid colors and smells and the gorgeous weather I had.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

cannabis college museum.. *snort*

Anonymous said...

love yhe photos, I think I smell the hyacinths

alyca said...

yes......cannabis college

http://www.cannabiscollege.com/

Lots of good info there on cannabis and hemp products. THere is a big movement to allow hemp products to be sold in more countries--it makes great shirts and ropes and a variety of things, and is sustainable and non-soil ruining like cotton.